31 January 2012

january finish


It is the last day of january and I had a chance to take some pictures of my finished sweet and swell.
Quilted by me with Quilters Dream Request (thin cotton) batting it measures 41" * 56".



I felt so lucky finding this lovely back from the same lines by designers Urban Chick on etsy.
Started more than two years ago, from two charm packs, these lines are not new any more.


It is very girly, and I really like it!

Thank you for good ideas naming the hexagon quilt top in my previous post. Now you have me thinking of caramel, butterscotch toffee, honey, cafe au lait, hot chocolate  and more...

Really cold weather can do that to you, don't you think?

; )

Wish you a lovely last day of january!

15 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

That is gorgeous Marit!! I love the fabric and design

Dree said...

Beautiful! I really need to open myself to more colors. I would never have chosen this line (other than the reds!) to work with, but I LOVE IT!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Sweet and swell and lovely, lovely, lovely! Did you wash and tumble it, it looks so soft?

Selfsewn said...

lovely I'm getting ready to quilt my zigzag, shoulder permitting!

Did you like my honeycomb suggestion?
xx

Live a Colorful Life said...

What a beautiful quilt. I'm seeing a love of chevrons today! And loving them all.

Nifty Quilts said...

You are so accomplished this month! Congratulations on another beautiful finish. I hope you're staying warm!

Mary said...

So pretty Marit! I love the fabrics :) and now you have made me hungry with your quilt names!

Lynne said...

It's lovely - so pretty!

Tamie said...

Love this quilt.

dutchcomfort said...

Sweet and swell looks awesome!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love the colours...really cheery and makes me think of spring! Such a nice thought as it is freezing outside!

Karen said...

Just beautiful! I adore your fabrics.

Jessie Fincham said...

oh I'm completely head over heels in love with your quilt! Just gorgeous, perfect fabric choices.

Patty said...

Hi Marit! I love your zig zag quilt. Is that from a pattern I can find somewhere? Or do you have the name of it? Thanks.

sew4funbrenda said...

Merit, LOVE your sweet and swell chevron quilt! What is the name of the pattern? I'd love to make one in blues.